• Drop by after work to help Wheatsville Food Co-op (3101 Guadalupe) celebrate Earth Day with a series of in-store tastings and cooking demos. Friday, April 22, 4-7pm.
• The third annual free Funky Chicken Coop Tour takes place in backyards all over Austin this weekend. Stop by the event info center at Buck Moore Feed & Pet Supply (5237 N. Lamar) before the tour to enter a drawing to win your own mobile chicken coop. See maps of the tour at www.fccooptour.blogspot.com. Saturday, April 23, 10am-4pm.
• BookPeople (603 N. Lamar) hosts signings by cookbook authors Anne Byrn (The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free) Monday, April 25, 7pm, and Jamie and Buddy Deen (The Deen Bros. Get Fired Up) Wednesday, April 27, 7pm.
• New Executive Chef Ben "Chili" Huseton continues the popular Chillin' & Grillin' on the Patio series at the historic Paggi House (200 Lee Barton Dr.). The $40 Beef and Bourbon Feast includes three courses and your first Maker's Mark cocktail. RSVP at 473-3700. Wednesday, April 27, 6:30pm.
• The 13th annual Umlauf Sculpture Garden Party benefiting the museum's educational programs is one of the River City's loveliest outdoor food events. Stroll the beautifully lit garden while sipping wine and noshing on delectable comestibles from many of Austin's finest restaurants to the music of the Nash Hernandez Orchestra. Bid on silent and Celebrity Seeds auction items. Tickets are $100 in advance at the museum, online at www.umlaufsculpture.org, and at select Twin Liquors outlets, or $115 at the door. Thursday, April 28, 6:30-9:30pm.
Copyright © 2020 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.