By Virginia B. Wood, Fri., March 18, 2011
• The 10 wineries on the Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 trail invite you to enjoy Vino & Pasta this weekend. Each winery has teamed up with an area restaurant to create pasta dishes and wine pairings for tasting samples. Visit www.wineroad290.com for complete details and a map. Saturday, March 19.
• Olivia (2043 S. Lamar, 804-2700) hosts a day of music by local singer-songwriters on the patio, where you can buy fried chicken and cold beer. The regular brunch menu will be served inside the restaurant. Parking is limited. Sunday, March 20, noon-6pm.
• La Pâtisserie by Luxe Sweets (602 W. Annie, 912-0033) celebrates National Macaron Day with five new flavors of macarons chosen from a customer contest. Sunday, March 20, 5:30-7pm.
• The Chef Exposed cooking class series continues at Cannoli Joe's (4715 Hwy. 290 W., 892-4444) with a gluten-free vegetarian menu prepared by chef "Q" Silva. A four-course dinner, recipe book, and wine pairings are included in the ticket price; $35 per person. Reservations necessary. Wednesday, March 23, 6:30pm.
• The Alamo Drafthouse South continues its Iron Chef series in which the movie is the secret ingredient and chefs battle to see whose cuisine reigns supreme. Chef John Bullington battles Julio-Cesar Flóres Zaplana of La Sombra set to Stanley Kubrick's lush 18th century costume drama, Barry Lyndon. $75 per person; make necessary reservations at www.originalalamo.com. Thursday, March 24, 7pm.