Event Menu: March 5-10
Wet your whistle and whet your appetite with a series of wine and beer tastings
• The WineMeDineMe series at Cafe Josie (1200 W. Sixth) continues with a dinner featuring wines from Cenay and Ramspek presented by owner/winemaker Gerry Rowland. $75, all inclusive. Reservations necessary: email@example.com. Tuesday, March 8, 6:30pm.
• Distiller Gary Kelleher will present a class on cooking with his Dripping Springs Vodka at the Whole Foods Market Culinary Center (525 N. Lamar). $45 per person; make necessary reservations at bit.ly/eGQ5H5. Wednesday, March 9, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Grapevine Texas Wine Bar in the Gruene Historic District offers a Come and Taste It complimentary wine-tasting series. Thursdays, March 10-31, 5-8pm.
• The Flying Saucer (815 W. 47th, www.beerknurd.com) hosts its annual spring beer dinner featuring five courses paired with beers from Oregon's Deschutes Brewery. $35, UFO members; $40, nonmembers. Reservations necessary. Thursday, March 10, 6:30pm.
• Booksigning for chef Tyson Cole and Jessica Dupuy, authors of Uchi: The Cookbook, at BookPeople, 601 N. Lamar. Thursday, March 10, 7pm.
• Green Gate Farms (8310 Canoga) hosts a Farm Camp for kids ages 6-12 where they can learn to grow vegetables and care for farm animals. Attendance is limited to 20 campers per session, and spots are filling fast. Complete details and registration at www.greengatefarms.net. Monday-Friday, March 14-18, 9am-3:30pm.