Jan. 28-Feb. 3
• Improve your knife skills in hands-on classes presented by Messermeister cutlery expert Ethan Hamme at Faraday's Kitchen Store (1501 RR 620 N., 266-5666, www.faradayskitchenstore.com). $10 per person; reservations necessary. Saturday, Jan. 29, 9:30am and 11am.
• Chef du Cinema Ron Deutsch presents a dinner class based on the personal recipes of Audrey Hepburn and a screening of the classic 1963 film Charade at the Central Market Cooking School (4001 N. Lamar, 206-1014, www.centralmarket.com). $45 per person; reservations necessary. Sunday, Jan. 30, 6:30pm-9pm.
• There are only a few seats remaining for the final Texas Hill Country Wine & Food Festival benefit dinner, Chef Wine & Dine, prepared by chef David Bull at his new Congress restaurant (200 Congress). The five-course dinner with wine pairings is $125 per person; make necessary reservations at www.texaswineandfood.org. Monday, Jan. 31, 6:30pm.
• Enjoy a five-course dinner complemented by wines from King Estate Winery at Jack Allen's Kitchen (7720 Hwy. 71 W., 852-8558, www.jackallenskitchen.com). $65, all-inclusive; reservations necessary. Tuesday, Feb. 1, 7pm.
• Be among the first to experience the Wednesday Steak & Frites menu presented by chef Josh Watkins at the Carillon (1900 University Blvd., 404-3655, www.thecarillonrestaurant.com). $18 per plate. Starts Wednesday, Feb. 2, 5:30-10pm.
• Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit at Imperia (310 Colorado, 472-6770) with appetizers, cocktails, dragon dances, and DJ'd entertainment. Make necessary reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursday, Feb. 3, 7-9pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com