•Pie contest and auction at Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church (1725 W. 11th), Saturday, Jan. 15, 2-4pm.
•Peace Through Pie social and Peacemaking Circle at the Victory Grill (1104 E. 11th), Saturday, Jan. 15, 10am-1pm.
•Phenomenal Women's Peace Through Pie auction and social at St. James Episcopal Church (1941 Webberville Rd.), Sunday, Jan. 16, 1-2pm.
•Art Institute of Austin open house with pie (101 W. Louis Henna Blvd. #100), Monday, Jan. 17, with tours at 9:30am, 11am, and 1pm.
• North by Northwest Restaurant & Brewery (10010 Capital of TX Hwy. N., 467-6969, www.nxnwbrew.com) continues its beer education series with another session of Beer School, complete with fascinating instruction and tastings. $35 per person; reservations recommended. Saturday, Jan. 15, 11am.
• The International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Austin and Launch787 present Sip & Savor Austin, a two-week series of bargain culinary events and happenings at more than 40 venues around the city. See a complete list of participating businesses and calendar of events at www.sipandsavoraustin.com. Sunday, Jan. 16, through Sunday, Jan. 30.
• Zax Restaurant & Bar (312 Barton Springs Rd., 481-0100) hosts a five-course brewer's dinner paired with beers from Lagunitas Brewing Company. $50 per person; reservations recommended. Tuesday, Jan. 18, 7pm.
• 24 Diner (600 N. Lamar, 472-5400) hosts a five-course brewer's dinner with beers from Lagunitas Brewing Company. $55 per person; reservation necessary. Wednesday, Jan. 19, 7pm.
• Cannoli Joe's (4715 Hwy. 290 W.) Executive Chef Quirino "Q" Silva presents his monthly cooking class, with a recipe booklet for the four-course meal and its wine pairings. $35 per person; reservations necessary. Wednesday, Jan. 19, 6:30pm.