• Black Star Co-op (7020 Easy Wind #100, 452-BEER, www.blackstar.coop) celebrates its grand opening with activities including a family-friendly beer social (Friday, 6-9pm), a Texas Craft Brewers Mini-Festival (Saturday, 2-5pm), and a traditional Sunday roast (Sunday, noon-4pm) with a members-only photo opportunity (begins at 4pm). Friday-Sunday, Dec. 10-12.
• Le Cordon Bleu (3110 Esperanza Crossing #100, 837-2665) holds its 10th annual Holiday Open House & Gingerbread Competition with cooking demos, cookie-decorating seminars, photos with Chef Santa, and refreshments. Call the school office for contest rules and details. Saturday, Dec. 11, 10am-3pm.
• Spamarama fans will want to attend a reunion with a live set by the Secedars and a screening of clips from Spamarama: The Movie at the Alamo Ritz (320 E. Sixth). Saturday, Dec. 11, 1pm.
• Petite Pêche & Co. owner Danika Boyle continues her salon-style dinner series inspired by the French Romantic era at Church House Studios (1161 Nickols). Make necessary reservations at www.petitepecheandco.com. $70 per person, BYOB. Saturday, Dec. 11, 7-10pm.
• Hosteria Verde Supper Club invites folks 21 and older to participate in Lunch Break at Aviary Lounge (2110 S. Lamar): juice-box cocktails and a cafeteria line of old-school favorites. $55-75; make reservations at www.hosteriaverde.com. Sunday, Dec. 12, 5pm.
• As part of the Folk and Fork History of Texas Foods series, Slow Food Austin hosts Chronicle contributor Claudia Alarcón's presentation of A Brief History of Tamales followed by a sampling of local tamales at the Habitat Suites (500 E. Highland Mall Blvd.). RSVP to email@example.com. Monday, Dec. 13, 7-9pm.
• Locavores Elizabeth Winslow and James Holmes invite you to a happy hour featuring local foods from Farmhouse Delivery (www.farmhousedelivery.com) on the patio at Olivia (2043 S. Lamar, 804-2700). Wednesday, Dec. 15, 5-7pm.
Copyright © 2022 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.