• Texas Hill Country Wine & Food Festival hosts a Wine & Swine Culinary Weekend at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (1900 University Ave.). Events include Pork & Cork – A Pig Perfect Wine Tasting (Friday, $65), a pairing seminar called Wine & Swine: Sip, Swirl & Squeal (Saturday, $45), and a Texas Hill Country Pig Roast at the Bridges Ranch in Driftwood (Sunday, $35). See complete details and buy tickets at www.texaswineandfood.org. Friday-Sunday, Dec. 3-5.
• South Austin Gallery (507 W. Mary, 680-4018) celebrates its reopening with an outdoor benefit for Keep Austin Beautiful. Cocktails sponsored by Balcones Distillery, food by Grill Haven. Donations accepted. Friday, Dec. 3, 7-10pm.
• The free Sunday Matinee Series of food films continues at Arthouse at the Jones Center (700 Congress) with Babette's Feast (Dec. 5), Ratatouille (Dec. 19), and Tampopo (Jan. 9). Sundays, 2pm.
• Karen Morgan shares tips on living gluten-free and signs copies of Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free (Chronicle Books, $24.95) at BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar. Tuesday, Dec. 7, 7pm.
• Fonda San Miguel (2330 W. North Loop, 459-4121) hosts a four-course dinner featuring South African wines from Cape Classics. $75; reservations necessary. Tuesday, Dec. 7, 6:30pm.
• 24 Diner (600 Lamar, 472-5400) celebrates its first anniversary and forthcoming liquor license with a party: live music, free cocktails, and treats from the chef. Wednesday, Dec. 8, 5-9pm.
• Chefs Linda Allen and Johndavid Bartlett present a four-course late autumn dinner paired with wines from Fall Creek Vineyards at Linda's Fine Foods (500 FM 2325, Wimberley, 512/847-5464). $65; reservations required. Wednesday, Dec. 8, 6:30pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org