• The Lone Star Vegetarian Network (www.lsvn.org) presents its annual Veggie Chili Cook-off at Old Settlers Park (3300 E. Palm Valley Rd. in Round Rock). In addition to the cook-off, festivities include live music, educational and craft vendor booths, and door prizes. Find details, advance tickets, and directions at www.veggiechilicookoff.com. Sunday, Nov. 7, 11:30am-5pm.
• Inherit Austin invites you to Somewhere in Time, a benefit for the Heritage Society of Austin at Boggy Creek Farm (3414 Lyons) with a tour of the historic farmhouse, dinner by Gina Burchenal of the Moveable Feast, and a silent auction. $250 for two-ticket VIP sponsorships, $75 for individuals. Make necessary reservations at www.heritagesocietyaustin.org. Sunday, Nov. 7, 5:30-8pm.
• Williams-Sonoma (9722 Great Hills Trail, 231-1813) hosts a cooking demo, Q&A, and booksigning with area butchers Jesse Griffiths of Dai Due and Chris Hughes of Broken Arrow Ranch, both featured in the new book Primal Cuts: Cooking With America's Best Butchers. Demo is free; books will be for sale. RSVP to reserve a book. Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2-4pm.
• Jack Allen's Kitchen (7720 Hwy. 71 W., 852-8558, www.jackallenskitchen.com) hosts a multicourse dinner with wines from Flat Creek Estate. $65, all inclusive; reservations necessary. Tuesday, Nov. 9, 7pm.
• Cover 3 (2700 W. Anderson #202, 374-1121, www.cover-3.com) celebrates its second anniversary with a benefit for Partnerships for Children's Holiday Wish Project. Donate $20 or bring two new toys for kids ages 2-8. Advance tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or 834-3102. Tuesday, Nov. 9, 6:30-9:30pm.
• Chef Josh Watkins demonstrates the Art of the Amuse Bouche at the Carillon (1900 University Ave.) with innovative appetizers and wine pairings at tasting stations around the room. $35 per person; RSVP to email@example.com or 404-3655. Thursday, Nov. 11, 7pm.