• Elgin, the sausage capital of Texas, invites you to enjoy its annual Hogeye Festival – live music, arts & crafts, games and contests, great food, and plenty of family fun and foolishness. The event in downtown Elgin is free, with food and drinks for sale. Saturday, Oct. 23, 10am-6pm.
• Mexic-Arte Museum (419 Congress, 480-9373, www.mexic-artemuseum.org) celebrates Día de los Muertos with a grand procession from Plaza Saltillo to a street fair on Fifth Street between Congress Avenue and Brazos Street. Enjoy arts & crafts, music, dancing, and food. Saturday, Oct. 23, 2-10pm.
• Enjoy delicious local foods prepared by top chefs at the Cook Globally, Grow Locally benefit for the all-volunteer nonprofit Green Corn Project on the grounds of Boggy Creek Farm (3414 Lyons): cooking demos on the back porch, music on the front porch, silent auction in the farm stand. Buy tickets at the farm or www.greencornproject.org ($35, advance; $40 at the door; free, kids younger than 12). Sunday, Oct. 24, noon-3pm.
• Food meets art at the reopening of Arthouse (700 Congress), when the 700 block of Congress will be closed to let several popular local food trucks sell food to guests attending the opening events. Sunday, Oct. 24, noon-8pm.
• Slow Food Austin hosts a tour of the pastured meat operation (cattle, hogs, poultry) at Richardson Farms near Rockdale. For info and to buy tickets, RSVP to email@example.com. Sunday, Oct. 24, 10am-1pm.
• Welcome Books, Edible Austin, and Slow Food Austin invite you to savor a Slow Taste of Italy with a dinner at Asti (408-C E. 43rd, 451-1218), based on dishes from Cooking With Italian Grandmothers by Jessica Theroux. The $95 dinner includes a signed copy of the book. Make reservations at 236-0088. Wednesday, Oct. 27, 5-10pm.
• Aquarelle (606 Rio Grande, 479-8117) hosts an outdoor party on its patio with appetizers and music to benefit the Jack T. Clark Foundation. Make a $25 donation at the door, or reserve a ticket at www.tagd.org. Thursday, Oct. 28, 6:30-9:30pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org