• Marble Falls' annual Texas Fall Fest & Wine Auction features events from almost 20 Hill Country wineries and meals prepared by such Texas celebrity chefs as Grady Spears, Michael Flores, Rebecca Rather, and Raymond Tatum. Schedule, prices, and tickets are at www.texasfallfest.com. Friday-Sunday, Oct. 8-10.
• The Barton Creek Farmers Market (2901 Capital of TX Hwy. S.) and Austin Herb Society present HerbFest – educational presentations from master gardeners, herbalists, and culinary experts, plus a market of herb plants and products. Saturday, Oct. 9, 9am-1pm.
• Streat (3211 Red River, 628-0288, www.eatatstreat.com) celebrates its grand opening with a Seven Continents food and wine menu, live music, and door prizes. Sunday, Oct. 10, 11am-5pm.
• The former Manny Hattan's is now Manny's Uptown Kitchen (9503 Research #650, 794-0088, www.mannysuptownkitchen.com) and introduces its new name and expanded menu offerings with specials and live music. All day Wednesday, Oct. 27.
• Meet society columnist Michael Barnes, and enjoy a meal prepared by chef/owner Foo Swasdee during Wisdom Wednesday at Satay (3202 W. Anderson #205, 467-6731) for $30. Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org. Wednesday, Oct. 13, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Enjoy the Austin Museum of Art's annual lakeside celebration of international food and wine at La Dolce Vita on the scenic grounds at Laguna Gloria (3809 W. 35th, www.amoa.org). $125; $100 for members, with an optional $25/$20 upgrade for the cocktail lounge. Thursday, Oct. 14, 6-9pm.
• Zax Restaurant (312 Barton Springs Rd., 481-0100, www.zaxaustin.com) invites you to its Oktoberfest party with German food, Oktoberfest beers, giveaways, and special surprises. Thursday, Oct. 14, 6-10pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com