• Austin's homegrown Whole Foods Market celebrates its 30-year anniversary with festive events including a film, a concert, cooking demonstrations, and family fun, all at the flagship store Downtown (525 N. Lamar). See a complete schedule at www.wholefoodsmarket.com. Sept. 17-18: Friday, 7-10pm; Saturday, noon-10pm.
• Faraday's Kitchen Store (1501 RR 620 N., 266-5666) presents its annual Foodie-Palooza weekend: cooking and product demos, artisan food tastings, and a salsa contest. Details and registration info at www.faradayskitchenstore.com. Sept. 18-19: Saturday, 10am-5pm; Sunday, noon-5pm.
• Lux Bakery & Cafe (3601 W. William Cannon #175, 891-9850, www.luxbakeryandcafe.com) hosts an anniversary open house with pastry samples and special prices on hot dogs and bubble teas. Saturday, Sept. 18, noon-5pm.
• Ten wineries along the Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 invite you to the third annual Kiolbassa & Kab tasting event: different sausage preparations paired with Cabernet at each winery. Food is free; wine tasting prices vary. See a map and other info at www.wineroad290.com. Saturday, Sept. 18, 10am-6pm.
• Taste North Austin as more than 20 restaurants team for an all-day, family-friendly food festival at booths in the open air space at the Domain. Live music, cooking demos, and beer and wine for sale; food samples and kids' activities require $20 wristbands. Saturday, Sept. 18, 11am-4pm.
• Chef Lawrence Kocurek offers a class on French sauces. $55 per person; Sunday, Sept. 19, 1-4pm. Reserve at 291-4461.
• Attend one of two multicourse Spanish feasts at the Swoop House (3012 Gonzales). $75 per person; register at www.supperfriends.com. Wednesday & Thursday, Sept. 22-23, 7pm.
• Hotel San José (1316 S. Congress, 852-2350, www.sanjosehotel.com) announces the return of steak night with chef Larry McGuire on the grill. Three-course meal for $40-$45. Wines by the glass ($9) or bottle ($34). Reservations suggested. Monday, Sept. 20, 6:30, 7, 8:30, and 9pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com