• Barbeques Galore (12918 Shops Pkwy. #500, 512/263-0794, Bee Cave) hosts a grilling demonstration: recipes prepared with Dripping Springs Vodka. Buy $45 tickets at www.bit.ly/b5DC49. Thursday, Sept. 9, 6pm.
• Enjoy the Dripping With Taste Wine & Food Festival at the newly renovated Creekside Pavilion in Dripping Springs. Festivities include tastings from several Hill Country wineries; gourmet food, wine, and beer samples; arts & crafts; and live music. Buy $25 tickets at www.drippingwithtaste.org, or pay $30 at the door. Rain or shine. Saturday, Sept. 11, noon-7pm.
• Roppolo's Pizzeria (316 E. Sixth, 476-1490, www.roppolos.com) joins Esther's Follies (525 E. Sixth, 320-0553, www.esthersfollies.com) and El Arroyo (1624 W. Fifth, 474-1222; 7032 Wood Hollow, 345-8226, www.ditch.com) to raise money for the Austin Firefighters Association Outreach Fund. Eat, drink, laugh, and help them donate. Saturday, Sept. 11, all day.
• Uncle Billy's Brew & Que (1530 Barton Springs Rd., 476-0100, www.unclebillysaustin.com) hosts a Redneck Brewer's Dinner with a five-course meal paired with craft brews. $40 per person, reservations necessary. Sunday, Sept. 12: reception, 4pm; dinner, 4:45pm.
• Stand up for Austinites living with HIV/AIDS by sitting down at local restaurants participating in the 18th annual Dining for Life benefit for AIDS Services of Austin. See the complete list of restaurants at www.asaustin.org. Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 13-14.
• The Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance offers a two-day conference to connect farmers, ranchers, activists, and consumers who share an interest in protecting our food supply. Jim Hightower will be keynote speaker, and daily lunches will be prepared by Dai Due. See complete schedule, pricing, and registration at www.farmandranchfreedom.org/conference-2010. Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 13-14, 8am-5pm.
• The 12-week fall semester at Tipsy Tech starts this week at Twin Liquors in the Hancock Center (1000 E. 41st). The course is $375, or $325 for members of the U.S. Bartenders Guild. Register at www.tipsytech.net. Tuesday, Sept. 14, 6-8pm.
• Chef Bob Hauser presents another course in his series of cooking demonstrations at Cannoli Joe's (4715 Hwy. 290 W.). $35 per person; make necessary reservations at www.cannolijoes.com, or call Vanessa Tobias at 799-6884. Wednesday, Sept. 15, 6:30pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org