• Maria Maria (415 Colorado, 687-6800) hosts its first four-course tequila tasting dinner with Dulce Vida Tequila cocktails. $30 per person; reservations necessary. Sunday, Aug. 15, 7-9pm.
• Memphis-inspired Beale Street Tavern (214-B E. Sixth, 494-6078, www.bealestreettavern.com) hosts a memorial celebration of Elvis Presley's life on the anniversary of his death. Enjoy music from an Elvis cover band (9pm) and fried peanut-butter-and-banana sandwiches. Monday, Aug. 16, 4pm-2am.
• Fino (2905 San Gabriel, 474-2905, www.finoaustin.com) hosts Wine, Cheese & Conversation with wine director Josh Loving and the owners of Antonelli's Cheese Shop. Enjoy Rosé wines paired with delectable artisanal cheeses and informative conversation. $40 per person; reservations necessary. Tuesday, Aug. 17, 6-7:30pm.
• Cafe Josie (1200-B W. Sixth, 322-9226, www.cafejosie.com) continues its Wine Me Dine Me dinner series with wines from California's Qupé Wine Cellars. $75 per person, all inclusive. Reservations necessary. Tuesday, Aug. 17, 6pm.
• Sagra (1610 San Antonio, 535-5988, www.sagraaustin.net) chef/owner Gabriel Pellegrini hosts another complimentary feast, a sagra della porchetta. The two-course pork meal will be first-come, first-served. Cash bar. Wednesday, Aug. 18, 5-10pm.
• Artist Jason Middlebrook is soliciting favorite and treasured family recipes from Austinites to include in the art installation he is creating for the grand opening of the new second floor gallery at Arthouse at the Jones Center (700 Congress, 453-5312, www.arthousetexas.org). Submit recipes with name, phone number, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org or Arthouse, PO Box 160490, Austin, TX 78716. Deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 20.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com