• After nearly 80 years of serving Tex-Mex cuisine to generations of Austinites, Jaime's Spanish Village (802 Red River, 476-5149) is closing. Make donations to the Jaime's Spanish Village Employee Fund, 12319 N. MoPac, Austin, TX 78758-2403. Friday, July 30, 11am-12mid.
• Messina Hof Vineyards & Resort (4545 Old Reliance Rd., Bryan, www.messinahof.com) celebrates the annual harvest with murder mystery dinners (July 30, Aug. 7 & 14) and vintner dinners (July 31, Aug. 14). For complete info, pricing, and reservations, call 800/736-9463 x234. Fridays and Saturdays, 6:30pm.
• Frequent Chronicle contributor Claudia Alarcón presents a cooking demonstration on preserving the bounty of the summer garden harvest at the SFC Farmers' Market at Sunset Valley (3200 Jones). Saturday, July 31, 9:30-10:30am.
• Drawing inspiration from Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain, chef James Holmes presents a six-course Spanish dinner at Olivia (2043 S. Lamar, 804-2700, www.olivia-austin.com). $80 per person with wine pairings and live jazz on the patio; reservations necessary. Monday, Aug. 2, 7pm.
• Mirabelle (8127 Mesa, 346-7900, www.mirabellerestaurant.com) continues its wine dinner series with a visit from Swanson Vineyards winemaker Chris Phelps. $65 per person, all inclusive. Reservations necessary. Tuesday, Aug. 3, 7pm.
• Volunteer to participate in the harvest of vintage 2010 at the award-winning Flat Creek Estate (24912 E. Singleton Bend Rd., Marble Falls, 512/267-6310) by contacting email@example.com. Weekends in August, dawn-11am.
Copyright © 2021 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.