• Enjoy a slow food happy hour on the grounds at Boggy Creek Farm (3414 Lyons) with appetizers and cocktails. $10 donation suggested; see www.slowfoodaustin.org for more info. Thursday, June 17, 5pm to sunset.
• The nine wineries along the Fredericksburg Wine Road 290 join forces with the Texas Pork Producers Association to present Vino el Pastor, where guests can enjoy a different grilled pork recipe and wine tasting at each location. For complete details and a map, see www.wineroad290.com. Saturday, June 19, 10am-6pm.
• Local chef Dzintra Dzenis, a contestant on The Next Food Network Star, will present a cooking class at Faraday's Kitchen Store (1501 RR 620 N., 266-5666, www.faradayskitchenstore.com). $25; reservations necessary. Saturday, June 19, 11am-1pm.
• Chef Josh Watkins celebrates the bounty of the local summer tomato harvest with a four-course Tomato Festival Dinner with wine pairings at the Carillon (1900 University Ave., 404-3655, www.meetattexas.com/restaurants.html). $80 per person; reservations necessary. Tuesday, June 22, 5:30-9pm.
• Chronicle writer Wes Marshall hosts a five-course dinner with two wine pairings for each course at the 5th Street Seafood venue inside Whole Foods Market (525 N. Lamar). After dinner, Marshall will sign copies of his new book, What's a Wine Lover to Do? (Artisan, $17.95, paper). $45; make necessary reservations at 542-2243. Tuesday, June 22, 6:30pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org