• The lavender capital of Texas hosts the sixth annual Blanco Lavender Festival on the grounds of the historic old Blanco County Courthouse and at four local farms in the surrounding area. Events include 5K and 10K fun runs; live music; tastings of Texas wines; craft beers; arts & crafts vendors; seminars with chefs, herbalists, and master gardeners; plus tours of the four farms with special festivities at each location. Complete details and maps at www.blancolavenderfest.com. June 11-13, Friday & Saturday, 9am-6pm; Sunday, 9am-5pm.
• Saturday is a busy day at Green Gate Farms (8310 Canoga), with a booksigning (10-11:30am) by Janet Fletcher, author of Eating Local (Andrews McMeel, $35), an okra cooking demo (11am-1:30pm) by Barbara Frisbee, a Slow Food potluck lunch (11:30am- 1pm), and a canning class to benefit the kids' Farm Camp ($20; 1-2:30pm). Details at www.greengatefarms.net. Saturday, June 12, 10am-2:30pm.
• Celebrity chef Sara Moulton will present an in-store cooking demo and sign copies of her new book, Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Simon & Schuster, $35) at Faraday's Kitchen Store (1501 RR 620 N., 266-5666, www.faradayskitchenstore.com). Saturday, June 12, 11am-1pm.
• The Moveable Feast supper club offers a summer dinner in South Austin. $40; make necessary reservations via e-mail at email@example.com to confirm the location. Saturday, June 12, 7pm.
• Chef Lawrence Kocurek presents classes in curing meats ($75; June 13) and French sauces ($45; June 20). Both include a charcuterie buffet and wine. Make necessary reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 291-4461. Sundays, June 13 & 20, 1-4pm.
• 24 Diner (600 N. Lamar, 472-5400) hosts a four-course dinner paired with wines from Krupp Brothers Winery. $75 per person; make necessary reservations at email@example.com. Wednesday, June 16, 7pm.
Copyright © 2020 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.