• Arthouse presents a weekend of festivities in conjunction with the 5x7 exhibition and sale at the Whitley Building, 301 Brazos. Tickets for the Art Splurge preview party catered by Ranch 616 are $125. General admission to the Art Social the next evening is $30 for food, drinks, and live music. Buy tickets by calling 453-5312 or visiting www.arthousetexas.org. May 13-14: Thursday, 7:30-10pm, and Friday, 8-11pm.
• The Outlaw Real Estate Group hosts a family-friendly Crawfish & Croquet in the Park at the polo table area in Zilker Park to benefit the Council on At-Risk Youth. $25, kids younger than 10 free. Buy advance tickets at www.outlawrealestategroup.com. Saturday, May 15, 1-6pm.
• Becker Vineyards (830/644-2681) hosts the 12th annual Lavender Festival, a weekend of presentations, cooking demos, food, shopping, music, and lavender luncheons. See details at www.beckervineyards.com. May 15-16: Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, noon-5pm.
• Bridget Taylor hosts a Weekend of Hope to benefit SafePlace at the Beauty Store Salon & Spa (10710 Research #110). Each service will be available for a minimum donation. RSVP at 401-0352 or 733-8333. May 15-16: Saturday, 6:30-10:30pm, and Sunday, 11am-6pm.
• Black Star Co-op Pub & Brewery (www.blackstar.coop) hosts a Construction Zone Beer Social on the plaza at Midtown Commons (Airport & Lamar) to celebrate the start of construction on the pub. Saturday, May 15, 2-5pm.
• Wine for the People, a group that aims to "demystify wine and the culture around it," hosts an Italian wine tasting at the Apothecary Cafe & Wine Bar (4800 Burnet Rd., 371-1600). Make necessary reservations at www.austinwineclasses.com: $20. Saturday, May 15, 6-7:30pm.
• The Boiling Pot (700 E. Sixth, 472-0985) hosts Save the Swamp, a fundraiser for the Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (www.crcl.org). Enjoy boiled shrimp and crawfish with local live music for a donation of $25 for adults, $10 for kids. Sunday, May 16, 5-8pm.
• Robert Gardner of American Caviar Co. hosts a Best of American Caviar Tasting at Jeffrey's (1204 West Lynn, 477-5584): a five-course meal prepared by chef Deegan McClung with wine pairings by Greg Steiner for $125. Reservations necessary. Monday, May 17, 7pm.
• Chef Josh Watkins and Whole Foods Market cheese-buyer Cathy Strange team to present a local artisan cheese dinner paired with Texas beer or wine at the Carillon (AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, 1900 University Ave., 404-3655). $70 per person, reservations necessary. Wednesday, May 19, 6-9pm.
• Celebrate American Craft Beer Week at the Draught House Pub & Brewery (4112 Medical Parkway, 468-7132) with daily beer samplings and a free glass with purchases. Complete details at www.draughthouse.com. Monday-Sunday, May 17-23, 5-8pm.