• Edible Austin will host a booksigning for Edible: A Celebration of Local Foods (Wiley, $29.95, 336 pp.) on the mezzanine at BookPeople (603 N. Lamar), with samples of local dishes mentioned in the book, Saint Arnold beer, and Zhi teas. Friday, May 7, 7pm.
• Get some exercise and help raise money for Special Olympics Texas by participating in Chuy's 27th annual Hot to Trot 5K and Kids K at Chuy's Arbor Trails (4301 W. William Cannon), where the race course will be inside the shopping center. Complete info and entry forms are at RunTex, Dick's Sporting Goods, all Chuy's outlets, and www.chuys.com. Saturday, May 8, 6:30am.
• Hosteria Verde Supper Club hosts Star Light, Star Night, a lingerie and jewelry show enhanced by custom cocktails and innovative passed appetizers, live music, and a silent auction to benefit Blue Lapis Light Dance Company, which will also perform. The party takes place poolside on the fifth-floor deck at Spring Condominium (300 Bowie). Buy $45 tickets at www.hosteriaverde.com. Saturday, May 8, 8-11pm.
• The Moveable Feast Supper Club presents a four-course Strawberry Fields Forever dinner in the field at Boggy Creek Farm (3414 Lyons, www.boggycreekfarm.com). $50 per person. Make necessary reservations at email@example.com. Saturday, May 8, 6:30pm.
• Twin Liquors Marketplace (101 E. 41st, 451-7400, www.twinliquors.com) welcomes actor and distiller Dan Aykroyd for a bottle-signing of his new Crystal Head Vodka. Monday, May 10, 4-6pm.
• May classes at Kocurek Family Artisanal Charcuterie include Whole Red Deer butchery with venison sausage techniques ($85, May 16) and Seafood Charcuterie ($75, May 23). Reserve at 291-4461 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sundays, May 16 & 23, 1-4pm.
Copyright © 2021 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.