By Virginia B. Wood, Fri., April 23, 2010
• Several food-related options featured at the Austin Green Living Expo this weekend at the Convention Center: healthy cooking demos, cookbook signings, organic gardening seminars, and a dining area with healthy foods from Better Bites of Austin. Details at www.showtechnology.com. Friday-Sunday, April 23-25.
• As part of the two-day Art City Austin celebration (see "When Worlds Collude," the Arts), art enthusiasts can dine at the Art City Austin Cafe sponsored by Edible Austin, featuring local artisan food and drinks. Saturday-Sunday, April 24-25.
• The Stories Fine Dining Establishment in the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa (off Highway 71 East, 512/308-1234) hosts a multicourse dinner featuring dishes made and paired with beer from Real Ale Brewing Co. $60 per person; reservations necessary. Tuesday, April 27, 6:30pm.
• Renowned author and Mexican cuisine expert Diana Kennedy will talk on the Unknown Gastronomy of Mexico at the Blanton Museum of Art (www.blantonmuseum.org) as part of a speaker series sponsored by the Long Institute of Latin American Studies at UT. It's free and will be followed by a booksigning in the museum gift shop. Thursday, April 29, 6-7:30pm.
• Chef Josh Watkins kicks off the Close to Home dinner series at the Carillon (AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, 1900 University Ave., 404-3655) with a five-course dinner paired with Texas wines. $60 per person; reservations necessary. Thursday, April 29, 6-9pm.
• Opal Divine's Penn Field (3601 S. Congress, 707-0237, www.opaldivines.com) presents the second annual American Whiskey Festival – meet distillers, sample their wares, and enjoy an appetizer buffet. $30 per person; reservations suggested. Thursday, April 29, 7pm.