Jan. 30-Feb. 3
• The Moveable Feast Supper Club presents a four-course winter dinner with wine pairings suggested by the Austin Wine Merchant. $40 per person. Dinner location revealed upon confirmation of reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Saturday, Jan. 30, 7pm.
• Flat Creek Estate (512/267-6310, www.flatcreekestate.com) hosts a Grape Escape holiday with tastings, winery tours, food specials in the bistro, herb sales, live music both days, and a special wine and chocolate pairing class presented by Miss Jane Nickles on Sunday ($25 a person, limited seating). Jan. 30-31. Tasting room: Saturday, 10am-5pm; Sunday, noon-5pm.
• Fabi + Rosi (509 Hearn, 236-0642, www.fabiandrosi.com) hosts a wine tasting party to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society's upcoming Houston-to-Austin BP MS150 bike race. Enjoy appetizers and four great wines for a $30 donation. Sunday, Jan. 31, 5-7:30pm.
• It's never too early for romance; enjoy a pre-Valentine's wine dinner at Andiamo Ristorante (2521 Rutland, 719-3377, www.andiamoitaliano.com). Four courses with Italian wine pairings for $40 per person. Reservations necessary. Wednesday, Feb. 3, 7pm.
• English-born chef Kenny Gray will share the secrets of some classic English dishes at Faraday's Kitchen Store (1501-A RR 620 N., 266-5666, www.faradayskitchenstore.com). $45 per person; reservations necessary. Bring your own bottle of stout! Wednesday, Feb. 3, 6-8pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com