Oct. 29-Nov. 5
• Ciola's Italian-American Restaurant (1310 RR 620 S., 263-9936, www.ciolas.com) begins a series of monthly five- to seven-course dinners paired with Italian wines. $65-70 per person, reservations necessary. Thursday, Oct. 29, 7pm.
• Aquarelle (606 Rio Grande, 479-8117, www.aquarellerestaurant.com) inaugurates a new tradition with its Moulin Rouge Halloween Party in the restaurant's backyard, front patio, and wine bar. Special $6 food items and glasses of wine. Come in costume. Friday, Oct. 30, 8pm-12mid.
• The Moveable Feast, a new supper club from caterer Gina Burchenal and chef Kristine Kittrell, presents a Día de los Muertos feast for $40 a person. Make reservations and get the location via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sunday, Nov. 1, 7pm.
• Several UT departments are collaborating with local grocers and farmers' markets on an interactive art installation called the Harvest Mandala Food Drive (www.harvestmandala.com), to benefit the Capital Area Food Bank. The installation will be on the South Mall of the UT campus, and the public is encouraged to participate by donating nonperishable food items. Wednesday, Nov. 4, 10am-6pm.
• Texas Hill Country Wine & Food Festival presents a November Night to Remember at the Driskill Hotel (Sixth & Brazos). Executive Chef Jonathan Gelman will prepare a multicourse meal complemented by wines from award-winning winemaker Adam Lee, presented by local wine celebrity Ross Outon. Tickets are $100 a person. Call 249-6300 or e-mail email@example.com. Thursday, Nov. 5, 6pm.
Halloween Day! – Saturday, Oct. 31
• Trick or treat in costume at the Sunset Valley Farmers Market (Toney Burger Center parking lot, www.svfm.org). 9am-1pm.
• Urban farmer Novella Carpenter will present a heritage turkey processing workshop in conjunction with her appearance at the Texas Book Festival. $30 per person. For details and to register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. 10am-1pm.
• Crú Wine Bar (238 W. Second, 472-9463, www.cruawinebar.com) hosts a five-course wine dinner honoring cooking teacher/author Lidia Bastianich. $99 per person, which includes dinner and a signed copy of her new book, Lidia Cooks From the Heart of Italy. Reservations necessary. 6:30-8:30pm.
• Enjoy Skaraoke at Opal Divine's Freehouse (700 W. Sixth, 477-3308, www.opaldivines.com) with pink drinks, pink T-shirts, burlesque, art bra models, and costume contests. 8pm-12mid.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com