• Spazio (1214 W. Sixth) hosts the Dress by Candlelight Fashion Show to benefit Candlelight Ranch (www.candlelightranch.org). There will be fashions by Saks Fifth Avenue, music by DJ Chicken George, Grey Goose Candlelight Cosmos, and food from Catering by Design, Eat Street, and Primizie. $50 per person. Thursday, Oct. 22, 7-10pm.
• Help the Kamburis family celebrate the third anniversary of Satellite Bistro & Bar (5900 Slaughter, 288-9994, www.satellitebistroandbar.com) with music from Mr. Fabulous & Casino Royale and drink specials on the patio. Friday, Oct. 23, 7:30pm.
• Enter your favorite costumed pooch in the Doggone It to Summer parade and costume contest at the Austin Farmers' Market (Fourth & Guadalupe), and then hang around for the doggie happy hour with treats from Paw Bakery. Saturday, Oct. 24, 10am.
• Austin Discovery School will benefit from the Slow Feast in the Field at Green Gate Farms (8310 Canoga, 949-9830, www.greengatefarms.net). Enjoy a five-course seasonal meal prepared by chef Jesse Bloom. $100; make necessary reservations at www.austindiscoveryschool.org. Saturday, Oct. 24, 7-10pm.
• Traveling teachers from the King Arthur Flour Co. will conduct free baking classes at the Embassy Suites (5901 N. I-35). Sunday, Oct. 25 – sweet yeast breads at 11am, pies and tarts at 3pm.
• Local businesswomen unite to Paint the Town Pink at the Belmont (305 W. Sixth, 457-0300, www.thebelmontaustin.com). Ladies can enjoy pink cocktails, pink popcorn, pink manicures, live music, a raffle, and a silent auction, all to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. $20 donation at the door. Wednesday, Oct. 28, 6-8pm.
Oktoberfest Events Abound!
› NXNW Restaurant & Brewery (10010 Capital of Texas Hwy. N., 467-6969, www.nxnwbrew.com) offers two days of German food, craft beers, live music, and family fun. Oct. 24-25: Saturday, 11am-11pm, and Sunday, 11am-dark.
› Two cans of nonperishable food or a $2 donation to the Capital Area Food Bank buy admission to Oktoberfest Austin in Waterloo Park (12th & Trinity, www.oktoberfestaustin.com). Saturday, Oct. 24, noon-10pm.
› Stroll the lawn at the Triangle, and check out the beer tents at the Flying Saucer Fall Beer Festival (415 W. 47th, 454-7468, www.beerknurd.com). Admission is free; beer and food will be for sale. $15 buys a commemorative glass and 10 beer samples. Saturday, Oct. 24, noon-10pm. – V.B.W.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org