• The Gruene Music & Wine Festival takes place this weekend in the Gruene Historic District outside New Braunfels. Complete details at www.gruenemusicandwinefest.org. Friday through Sunday, Oct. 9-11.
• Les Dames d'Escoffier members Dawn Orsak, Pamela Nevarez, and Gina Burchenal present a menu based on recipes from Cooking With Les Dames d'Escoffier: At Home With the Women Who Shape the Way We Eat and Drink at the North Lamar Central Market cooking school, and the book will be for sale. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Les Dames scholarship programs. $55 per person; make reservations at www.centralmarket.com. Friday, Oct. 9, 6:30-9pm.
• Wheatsville Co-op (3101 Guadalupe, 478-2667) celebrates the grand reopening of its newly remodeled and expanded store with vendor food samples, family fun, kids' activities, and live music. Saturday, Oct. 10, 4-10pm.
• Casa Brasil (5213 Evans Ave., 407-9887, www.casabrasilcoffee.com) hosts a Brazilian barbecue benefit for AIDS Walk Austin, featuring Niman Ranch beef, Brazilian side dishes and salads, and local craft beers. $40 donation; reservations necessary. Saturday, Oct. 10, 7-10pm.
• Opal Divine's Boob Bash was so well received, it's repeating the fun of burlesque, burgers, and booze through October at the Freehouse (700 W. Sixth, 477-3308, www.opaldivines.com). Saturdays, Oct. 10, 17, and 24; cocktails 9-11pm; burlesque and live music, 10pm-12mid.
• Enjoy the first Design Rumba, showcasing local artists and designers, at Frank (407 Colorado, 494-6894, www.hotdogscoldbeer.com) to benefit the Walter Diez Molina Foundation (www.wally10.org). Includes entertainment from the EsquinaTango Culture Society of Austin. $20 donation. Sunday, Oct. 11, 8pm-2am.
• Help Max's Wine Dive (217 San Jacinto, 904-0111, www.maxswinedive.com) generate donations for the Capital Area Food Bank. For every case of wine it sells during this tasting, Gallo will donate 30 meals. Try 13 wines for $40. Tuesday, Oct. 13, 6-9pm.
• Olivia (2043 S. Lamar, 804-2700, www.olivia-austin.com) hosts a five-course dinner paired with craft beers from Brooklyn Brewery, with brewer Garrett Oliver on hand to discuss his beers. $80 per person; reservations necessary. Thursday, Oct. 15, 7pm.
• Experience the sweet life with a Roman twist at the 20th annual La Dolce Vita on the grounds of Laguna Gloria (3809 W. 35th). Enjoy refreshments from 50 Austin restaurants and 20 Texas wineries, with live music under the stars. Tickets are $100 at www.amoa.org. Thursday, Oct. 15, 6-9pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org