• It's not too late to buy tickets for the annual Food for Thought grand tasting party to benefit the dropout prevention programs of Communities in Schools. The event, hosted by chef David Garrido, will feature signature dishes from dozens of Austin restaurants at the Austin Music Hall (208 Nueces). $75. Thursday, Oct. 1, 6-9pm.
• Horseshoe Bay Resort near Marble Falls hosts the fifth annual Texas Fall Fest & Wine Auction this weekend. Top Texas chefs and Hill Country winemakers will join forces to present three days of delicious and informative food and wine events. A full weekend pass is $125, but tickets are available for individual events. See complete details at www.texasfallfest.com. Friday-Sunday, Oct. 2-4.
• Cafe Josie (1200-B W. Sixth, 322-9226, www.cafejosie.com) offers another Wine Me Dine Me dinner. This six-course meal will feature dishes that pay homage to the chile pod, paired with international wines. $65, all-inclusive. Make necessary reservations at email@example.com. Tuesday, Oct. 6, 6-9pm.
• Parkside (301 E. Sixth, 474-9898) hosts its first Pink Party to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Guests will enjoy pink champagne, cocktails, and tasty snacks from chef Shawn Cirkiel's kitchen to the smooth tunes of DJ Jeff Strange. Get tickets online at www.parkside-austin.com. Thursday, Oct. 8, 8-11pm.
• Attend the Oktoberfest party at Zax Pints & Plates (312 Barton Springs Rd., 481-0100, www.zaxaustin.com), where the festivities are kicked off by tapping a cask of Live Oak Oaktoberfest Ale. Enjoy German food such as Smokey Denmark beer brats, various Octoberfest beers, and surprise giveaways. Thursday, Oct. 8, 7pm.