• Be on hand to see local wine maven Ross Outon in his debut as a contestant in the PBS series The Wine Makers at Twin Liquors (1000 E. 41st, 451-7400). The party is open to the public on Saturday, Sept. 26, from 11am to 1pm, and the program airs at 12:30pm on KLRU.
• Study the origins of both beer and chocolate, complemented by delicious pairings at NXNW Restaurant & Brewery (10010 Capital of Texas Hwy. N., 467-6969, www.nxnwbrew.com). Tickets are $35 per person, and reservations are necessary. Saturday, Sept. 26, 11am.
• Lux Bakery & Cafe (3601 W. William Cannon, 891-9850, www.luxbakeryandcafe.com) invites you to its second anniversary celebration for half-price bubble tea drinks and free baked goods. Saturday, Sept. 26, noon-7pm.
• The Texas Department of Agriculture presents the second annual Go Texan Restaurant Round-Up – more than 200 restaurants statewide will celebrate the farm-to-table connection with fixed-price meals based on local ingredients paired with Texas wines and craft-brewed beers. A portion of the proceeds will benefit local food banks around the state. See a complete list of participating restaurants and menu items at www.gotexanrestaurantroundup.com. Monday-Friday, Sept. 28-Oct. 2.
• All three Opal Divine's (www.opaldivines.com) locations are getting into the Go Texan spirit by putting Texas beers on all their taps for $2.50 a glass. Monday-Friday, Sept. 28-Oct. 2.
• The Hyatt Regency Austin (208 Barton Springs Rd., 480-2035) hosts the first Go Texan Chef Showdown between chefs from their own Southwest Bistro, the Driskill Grill, and TRIO at the Four Seasons. Proceeds benefit the Capital Area Food Bank. Each chef will create a multicourse gourmet meal from local ingredients to be evaluated by a panel of judges. Tickets are $80 per person, available at www.opentable.com or by calling 480-2035. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 7pm.
• The new Royal Fig Supper Club hosts a five-course dinner complemented by gourmet coffee pairings prepared by the award-winning baristas at Caffe Medici (1101 West Lynn, 524-5049, www.caffemedici.com). Tickets are $75 per person and available online at www.royalfig.com. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 7pm.
Copyright © 2021 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.