• Enjoy the all-natural Italian specialties at Sagra (1610 San Antonio, 535-5988, www.sagrarestaurant.net) while checking out the coolest summer fashions from Soigne Boutique (4800 Burnet Rd. #410, 300-2929, www.soigneaustin.com) during the first in a series of Fashion Brunches. Cost is $20 for brunch and a swanky gift bag; reservations necessary. Saturday, June 20, noon.
• Take Dad to his favorite Breed & Co. outlet (718 W. 29th, 474-6679; 3663 Bee Caves Rd., 328-3960, www.breedandco.com) for a copy of Texas BBQ (University of Texas Press, $39.95) autographed by photographer Wyatt McSpadden. Nosh on sausages from Kreuz Market grilled in front of the stores. Saturday, June 20, 11am-1pm at 29th; 2-4pm on Bee Caves.
• Nine Hill Country wineries along Highway 290 West between Johnson City and Fredericksburg invite you to their second annual Vino al Pastor event. Each winery will pair with a popular area restaurant to provide complimentary recipes and samples of pork dishes paired with wine tastings. For info and/or directions, see www.texashillsvineyard.com. Saturday, June 20, noon-5pm.
• Kahuna's Tiki Bar & Grill (6301 Parmer, 336-7873, www.kahunastikibar.com) invites you to its Summer Solstice Surf Bash, the second in a series of benefits for a local teenage cancer patient in the Make-a-Wish program. Menu and drink specials, games, contests, and live music. Donations at the door. Sunday, June 21, 4-7pm.
• Beer and wine engage in "glass to glass combat" at the Iron Drink dinner at Ventana restaurant at the Texas Culinary Academy (11400 Burnet Rd., 837-2665). The five-course dinner will feature wine pairings by "Miss Jane" Nickles and beer choices by chef Jayson Reynolds, to benefit the Wine & Food Foundation of Texas. $75 for foundation members, $85 for the public. Make necessary reservations at 327-7555 or www.winefoodfoundation.org. Tuesday, June 23, 6:30-8:30pm.
• Lone Star foodways specialist Dawn Orsak presents a two-part class through the Texas Union Informal Classes titled Recipes for Family History to inspire participants to research family history through food. Register for course No. 3648.901 at 232-5277 or at www.informalclasses.org. Wednesday, June 24 & Wednesday, July 1, 6:30-8:30pm.
• The Field of Dreams Grand Slam tasting to benefit the Miracle League, the Nolan Ryan Foundation, and the Wine & Food Foundation of Texas is the hottest sports party of the summer! Gather at the United Heritage Center at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock for a delicious array of food and wines complemented by the silent auction of a fabulous selection of gift items and classic sports memorabilia. $35 for foundation members, $45 for the public; reservations are suggested: 327-7555 or www.winefoodfoundation.org. Thursday, June 25, 6:30-9pm.