Dear Editor, A couples of years ago, I was diagnosed with mercury poisoning caused by seven 36-year-old “silver” mercury amalgam fillings in my teeth. You may not know that all “silver” fillings in your teeth are made up of 50% mercury. You may not know that your dentist is not required to tell you, except in California. You also may not know that the EPA declared mercury a hazardous waste material in 1989. You may not know that many countries have banned the transport and use of mercury. You may not know that this barbaric form of “dentistry” has been around for more than 150 years. You may not know it’s against the law to put mercury in animals but “OK” to put directly into our heads. The fact is mercury is a known neurotoxin and debilitates our immune systems. Now you know the truth. On Sept. 6, I testified along with many others at an FDA hearing concerning the neurological effects of “silver” mercury amalgam fillings. The good news is the committee rejected the FDA’s white paper in a 13 to seven vote, stating that the FDA had excluded relevant studies on mercury amalgam and that evidence exists suggesting that the public was being harmed. We are waiting now to see what the FDA intends to do with such an unprecedented response. Meanwhile, the ADA is in damage-control mode; “Don’t panic; mercury is safe.” Wrong! The ugly truth is the ADA unethically chooses to continue to use mercury instead of safer composites. E-mail/write the FDA & your representatives to put an end to this chemical genocide. Visit www.toxicteeth.org and www.iaomt.org to empower yourself with the truth.