Top 10 Commented-On Stories on AustinChronicle.com
What made you sound off, noiselessly
1) "The Occupation of Austin: The '99 percent' takes a stand against corporate greed"
News, Oct. 14
2) "Will Texas Be Safe for Romeos and Juliets?: Senate committee recommends not implementing federal sex offender law"
News, Jan. 14
3) "Just Say No!: Rick Perry's approach to sex education has helped Texas boost its teen pregnancy rate"
News, Oct. 28
4) "Why Rail?: The city is pushing for a 2012 vote to build urban rail. The critics are asking, 'Who needs it?'"
News, April 8
5) "Republicans Wrong On Health Care: Dear Editor, The present Republican posturing has enormous implications in opportunity costs ..."
Postmarks, Jan. 11
6) "Safety Net or Dead End?: The politics of Austin animal welfare"
News, Feb. 18
7) "Sturgeon's Revelation: Beating the music business odds at SXSW"
Music, March 4
8) "Perry the Executioner: Texas leads the country in executions, and Rick Perry holds the record tally"
News, Sept. 16
9) "The War on Women's Health: To attack Planned Parenthood, lawmakers undermine health care ... and promote more abortions"
News, April 22
10) "One Last Visit for Mother and Son?: Michael Arena hopes to see his dying mother, even though he's behind bars"
News, July 15