The highs, the lows, the lists
In addition, we're posting an ongoing feature called "30 Things": our lists of 30 notable (or laughable or lamentable) takes on the Chronicle's coverage, culture, and commentary from the past three decades.
Below is a list of the "30 Things" we've posted so far (yes, we have some catching up to do). This week, look for "30 Things We Thought Were Important at the Time," which seems self-explanatory but will no doubt reflect the sharply honed insight of News Editor Michael King, who stepped up and took that particular bull by the shorthorns.
You can find it all on our website: austinchronicle.com/year30.
30 Things: The Recap
Here's the story so far:
1) 30 Things People Say When They Visit the 'Chronicle' Offices
2) 30 Terms From 'Chron'-style Volleyball
3) 30 Clooneys
4) 30 Crazy Carole Moments
5) 30 Pages of Back Page Art
6) 30 Personals/Messages/Shots in the Dark
7) 30 Essential Environmental Stories
8) 30 Ideas, Institutions, Musical Genres, etc., the 'Chronicle' Has Declared Dead
9) 30 Angry Letters
10) 30 Sites Around Austin That Were Transformed Into Stages
11) 30 Band Names
12) 30 Oopses: Errors We Regret
13) 30 'Chronicle' Covers of Note