Urgent Charity Fundraiser for Local Film Critic
Silent auction includes rare Mondo prints, signed Exorcist script
By Richard Whittaker,
5:12PM, Mon. Dec. 2, 2019
An incredible selection of rare collectibles, including out-of-print Mondo posters, a signed script from The Exorcist, and an Alamo Drafthouse Season Pass are all part of a silent auction tonight at Knomad Bar, as part of a fundraiser for an Austin film critic who faces mounting medical bills during a terrible emergency.
Patience Robinson-Campos, a regular reviewer for the Austin-based One Of Us podcast network and cohost of their Deliberations of Doom show, was diagnosed in October with chronic and sudden liver failure, and is currently waiting for an urgently needed transplant. Her family has been raising funds through a GoFundMe page, but tonight's event could see a massive boost to the push to cover her spiraling expenses.
The silent auction will take place tonight, Dec. 2, from 8pm-1am at Knomad (1213 Corona Drive). Members of Austin's film and film reviewing communities have donated some unbelievable items for the event, including:
• An exclusive private screening at Austin's Community Cinema.
• A signed print for An American Werewolf in London, designed by Olly Moss for a screening at Fantastic Fest 2011.
• Martin Ansin's Mondo print for Looper.
• Gift certificates to Little Pricks Tattoo, Method Hair, and more.
• A limited, signed and leather-bound edition of Doctor Strange scriptwriter C. Robert Cargill's Sea of Rust.
• And the granddaddy of all lots, a complete set of all three of Tyler Stout's Mondo Star Wars original trilogy prints.