Fantastic Fest: The Final Chron of Us
Looking back on the fest's highs and lows
By Chronicle Film Staff,
3:34PM, Wed. Oct. 3, 2018
Fantastic Fest 2018 is in the history books, and the Austin Chronicle screens team and the One of Us podcast network were there to talk about the films that screened, and that famous photo of Elijah Wood on a scooter.
Listen to the final episode of our The Austin Chronicle/One of Us podcast network mashup right here, including reviews of:
– The audience-award winning comedy One Cut of the Dead (read our full review here);
– A very unlikely romance in Piercing (read our interview with writer/director Nicolas Pesce here);
– Sex-positive techno-thriller Cam (read our full review here);
– Scandinavian disaster sequel The Quake (read our full review here);
– Enigmatic and twisting conservatory drama The Perfection (read our full review here);
– The Impressive but divisive Under the Silver Lake (read our full review here);
– Border, the latest acquisition from Neon (read full our review here);
Plus many more titles that will be headed your way into the fall.
Fantastic Fest, Sept. 20-27. For more news, reviews, and interviews, visit austinchronicle.com/fantastic-fest.
Listen to today's episode of The Austin Chronicle/One of Us podcast here.
Find more shows from the One of Us crew at oneofus.net.