The AggreGAYtor: October 24
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
2:45PM, Wed. Oct. 24, 2012
Jessie Tyler Ferguson has a scare, R. Clarke Cooper is playing coy, and Lady Gaga enters a vegetative state. Today’s AggreGAYtor is giving mad props.
• The Log Cabin Republicans, a group of gay men who only conservatively suck dick, have given a “qualified endorsement” of Mittens – despite his support of the same constitutional amendment that cost Bush his endorsement.
• LCR’s R. Clarke Cooper implies the endorsement came after Romney made a top-secret hush-hush behind-closed-doors pledge to enact ENDA. But SHHHHHHH! IT’S A SECRET!!!!!
• Ellen DeGeneres always checks under her bed for Mitt Romney.
• In other Ellen news, she won the Mark Twain Prize for humor. Really all awards should go to her.
• Scary Halloween costume Bryan Fischer thinks he is a prophet.
• A Duke University researcher names fern in honor of Lady Gaga. In its spare time, the bisexual plant writes middling pop music while flowering in an ever-evolving array of amorphous buds. Zuh-iiiinnnggggg.
• Wealthy person Michael Bloomberg writes another big check for marriage equality.
• Cameroon lawyer Alice Nkom receives death threats for defending gays.
• New Jersey lesbian couple wins fight against association that denied use of their pavilion for wedding ceremony.
• In a mean-spirited prank, Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet hired the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus to serenade faux-hubbie Jesse Tyler Ferguson with Katy Perry’s “Firework.”
• Macedonian LGBTQIA activist is savagely beaten in anti-gay attack.
• Retired Jet Kris Jenkins speaks out against homophobia in sports.
• That homophobia was particularly on display in the Twitter cesspool after the Giant’s won the National League series.
• Creepy bottle of spray-tan Joe Simpson allegedly has taken up with a twink.
• The naked men on the poster for Viennese exhibit “Naked Men” will no longer be naked, man.
• For once, straight women kiss without trying to get attention from dudebros.
• Cloud Atlas director Lana Wachowski admits suicidal thoughts in stirring speech.
• Can we as a nation just have a quick meeting to decide we are ALL over Chris Brown?
• Dallas GOP state senator John Carona makes unprecedented announcement of support for LGBT equality.
• Texas Libertarian US Senate candidate John Jay Myers is also a friend of friends of Dorothy.
• Some worry that Austin’s Prop. 3 proposed reorganization of elections would marginalize LGBTQIA voters.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS, MITT ROMNEY, 2012 ELECTION, R. CLARKE COOPER, ELLEN DEGENERES, BRYAN FISCHER, LADY GAGA, CAMEROON, MICHAEL BLOOMBERG, MARRIAGE EQUALITY, ALICE NKOM, MODERN FAMILY, BOSTON GAY MENS CHORUS, ERIC STONESTREET, JESSE TYLER FERGUSON, HOMOPHOBIA IN SPORTS, KRIS JENKINS, LEOPOLD MUSUEM, NAKED MEN