The AggreGAYtor: October 8
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
3:45PM, Mon. Oct. 8, 2012
Ann Romney has an awkward moment, Antonin Scalia runs his mouth, and Ricky Martin is dubiously honored. Today’s AggreGAYtor will wear you out, livin’ la vida loca.
• The wacky hausfrau’s at One Million Moms are at it again – this time making a stink about the unaired Jennifer Lopez lesbidrama.
• Transgender woman is ordered to vacate Evergreen State College in violation of Washington’s equal access laws.
• Good Morning America’s Sam Champion becomes the latest in the long line of out journalists.
• Which might make things a little uncomfortable when NOM cheerleader Ann Romney co-hosts.
• Indiana goober-natorial candidate Mike Pence wants to help poor people as long as they stop sword fighting and donut bumping.
• People like Pence may be why a statewide ban on gay marriage seems likely.
• Noted hayseed, Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, says that gay marriage will be the "ultimate destruction of our country." Apparently when enough same-sex couples say ‘I do,” the hellmouth will open up and swallow us all.
• No worries – we are still safe in the short run. First gay marriage has to bring about the demon hordes of socialism and communism. Whew! socialism and communism. Whew!
• Justice Antonin Scalia is an ass.
• Former Singled Out host and vaccine denialist Jenny McCarthy once took ecstasy.
• The Associated Press runs out of angles to discuss marriage equality.
• The transgender victim of a recent British Columbia homicide has been identified.
• New research may allow same-sex couples to avoid those pesky heteros when starting a family.
• A bunch of straight, white men meet to affirm that homosexuality is sinful.
• Michigan State Representative Tom McMillin wants to help hapless homos.
• South Africa officially recognizes gay flag as a national symbol.
• Tea Party Congressman Scott Tipton thinks that ENDA is a pretty good idea. The AggreGAYtor is going back to sleep until the world makes sense again.
• In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin’ four lanes. With the top down screamin out – marriage equality ain't a thang.
• GLAAD is happy about this fall’s crop of LGBT characters.
• Gaga wins the LennonOno Grant for Peace. It’s sort of like the Noble Peace Prize, except you don’t have to do anything to get it. Get your paws down – I’m just joking.
•Really HuffPo? Ricky Martin is your LGBT History Month icon? Ricky Martin who once invented a girlfriend (presumably her skin was the color mocha) for a Rolling Stone interview is your icon. I know he’s done some advocacy work post coming out, but it would be nice to see someone who has made history for being more than a celebrity who put out a press release.
• For example – the nameless activists who bravely held Serbia Pride despite opposition from the government and violent homophobia.
• San Antonio College is celebrating Coming Out Week.
• LGBT HISTORY CLUB: Sorry Ricky, Clay, Lance, and Mika. Jobriath outdazzles you all put together. Learn it and learn it well.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, One Million Moms, Jennifer Lopez, Equal Access, Transphobia, Good Morning America, Sam Champion, Coming Out, Ann Romney, Mike Pence, 2012 Election, Marriage Equality, Hate Crime, Antonin Scalia, SCOTUS, ENDA, GLAAD, LGBT Representations in Media, Jenny McCarthy, Same Sex Parenting