The AggreGAYtor: September 11
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:00AM, Tue. Sep. 11, 2012
Joe Biden sweet talks, Zac Efron squeezes tight, and Mitt Romney goes on a date. Today’s AggreGAYtor is sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
• Google decides to unblock bisexuality from instant search results, although typing “bise” still gives you that ubiquitous search term “biseptol.” The world is just wrapped up in biseptol. It’s the Kardashian of antibiotics.
• Palm Spring’s residents might want to think twice about protesting a LGBTQ community center’s food drive for the elderly and the disabled. There’s always a ragtag group of kids waiting in the wings to save community centers. Things get real messy from there.
• Straight Omaha man alleges he was victim of anti-gay hate crime.
• Michigan couple April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse are causing all sorts of trouble for homophobic lawmakers.
• Gay couple sues Worcester Diocese over bungled house sale.
• Vice President Joe Biden whispers sweet marriage equality nothings in America’s ears.
• From the team who brought you 2003’s smash hit From Justin to Kelly comes From Mittens to Patty.
• Newly published study again confirms that ending DADT did not bring about the locust plague predicted by the loopy right.
• New York’s Committee to Save the Erie County Republican Party ups the ante in homophobic campaign collateral.
• The AggreGAYtor will do all sorts of odd jobs to get to the Queer Lisboa Film Festival. All sorts.
• Philadelphia police seek information on yet another murder of a transwoman.
• The 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention focuses on LGBTQ community.
• The Grammy Awards go after NY nightlife staple the Glammy Awards. They are probably just jealous that the Glammys actually get a audience.
• The British government was exceedingly inhumane to Alan Turing, but this Monopoly edition ought to make up for it. Although most of the cards are the same, there is a nifty one that allows you to get out of jail if you are chemically castrated.
• Now that I have finished the Hunger Games trilogy, I’ve been reading shorter works of speculative fiction. But the Catholic League’s dystopian yarn about the “Gay Express” just seems unimaginative.
• Say what you will about the National Organization for Marriage, but they sure never tire of boycotts.
• Presented without comment: Zac Efron has “always felt embraced by the gay community.”
• BONUS SELF LOVE: Now,um,usually I don't do this but uh....go head' on and break em off wit a lil' preview of the remix.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Bisexuality, Hate Crime, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Joe Biden, Marriage Equality, Mitt Romney, Pat Robertson, Queer Lisboa, 2012 Election, Transgender, Suicide, The Grammys, The Glammys, Alan Turing, Monopoly, National Organization for Marriage, Zac Efron