The AggreGAYtor: September 10
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:30PM, Mon. Sep. 10, 2012
Ann Romney clams up, Chris Kluwe scores a touchdown, and Emily Dickinson strikes a pose. Today’s AggreGAYtor is still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model.
• Alan Moore’s long-shelved screenplay Fashion Beast gets adapted to new comic. Squeeeee!
• In other geek news, adorable couple recreate Astonishing X-Men gay wedding cover to celebrate 20th year anniversary.
• Jeon Kyu-Hwan’s transgender-themed The Weight wins the Venice Film Festival’s Queer Lion award.
• Mayonnaise slathered sponge cake Ann Romney will not be discussing gay marriage, thank you very much.
• Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe kicks the living shit out of anti-gay pol Emmett C. Burns Jr. in blistering op-ed.
• Zimbabwean activists allege government fabricating controversial stories to bolster support for anti-gay laws.
• The man behind the most wooden anti-marriage equality ad of the decade also makes underwhelming jewelry.
• Murrica’s sweetheart LeAnn Rimes is going forward with cyberbullying lawsuit, but will be donating winnings to the Trevor Project. LeAnn cares you guys.
• Transgender activist Leslie Feinberg recharged with gross misdemeanor for CeCe McDonald protest.
• Oh NOM, the LGBTQ community may disagree on some policy points; but that doesn’t mean that we are into you.
• The Boston Globe’s Lawrence Harmon should seriously look at the AP stylebook before he writes anything else concerning transgender rights.
• Planned queer roller derby documentary gives us all a chance to think of new roller derby name. Sienna Mauler? Daisy Confused? Lena Dunham? Maybe I ought to leave it to the experts.
• Despite his mom’s insistence on being a wingnut, Brad Pitt still proves himself to be crush-worthy.
• Outsized Gerber baby Kirk Cameron whines about the liberal media misrepresenting his opinions of homosexuality.
• Vermont joins the fray in opposing DOMA.
• The British producer of pro-gay Ugandan play has been arrested.
• Pham Le Quynh Tram breaks barriers by becoming Vietnam’s first legally recognized transgender woman.
• Apparently, homophobic football signs are now a thing with Texas AM fans adding to our fine national discourse.
• Voting ends today for Best of Austin 2012. You better not leave that chad hanging.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Alan Moore, Fashion Freak, Astonishing X-Men, Marriage Equality, Jeon Kyu-Hwan, Venice Film Festival, Ann Romney, Chris Kluwe, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Vietnam, Emily Dickinson, Immigration, DOMA, LeAnn Rimes, Cyberbullying, The Trevor Project, Leslie Feinberg, CeCe McDonald