The AggreGAYtor: August 27
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
10:22AM, Mon. Aug. 27, 2012
Joe Biden has a gay crush, Candi Cushman worries about “sexual chaos,” and the 49ers score. Today’s AggreGAYtor is reading the defense.
• Two Pussy Rioters decamp Russia to avoid prosecution.
• Madonna gives Elton John a master class in passive aggression.
• CNN does its best to convince the world that the GOP doesn’t really hate gays. Like not really really.
• Candi Cushman of Focus on the Family condemns GLSEN for promoting “sexual anarchy.” She presumably has no idea how draggy her name sounds. I hope she dots her “i” with a heart.
• California Senate approves bill to make foster care safer for LGBTQ youth.
• Joe Biden gives LGBTQ activists a mash note over the weekend.
• The FDA bans anonymous gay sperm donors.
• Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel plans to end homelessness by outsourcing services to anti-gay Catholic Charities.
• Did you know actors sometimes play gay roles? It’s a fact!
• Ohio judge refuses to grant lesbian couple divorce.
• A record 470 openly LGBTQ delegates will participate in the Democratic National Convention. The RNC counter that a record 500 closeted delegates are in Tampa.
• And I'm like baby, baby, baby, oh like baby, baby, baby, no.
• The San Francisco 49ers make a “It Get’s Better” video. Sorry Cowboys, I think we have a new “America’s Team.”
• Breastfeeding advocacy group La Leche League considers trans inclusion.
• Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt reminds nation that her husband is not gay.
• California's anti-bullying law is largely being ignored.
• Texas’ own anti-bullying law is set to take effect next week.
• Austin gay playwright Allan Baker wins best play at the Hurricane Season New Play Festival for Click.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Pussy Riot, Madonna, Elton John, CNN, Republican Party, The New Normal, Candi Cushman, Focus on the Family, Homophobia, Marriage Equality, Joe Biden, FDA, Rahm Emanuel, Catholic Charities, Democratic National Convention, Republican National Convention, 2012 Election, Ellen Page, San Francisco 49ers