The AggreGAYtor: August 23
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:49AM, Thu. Aug. 23, 2012
Kathy Griffin invents the remix, James Franco takes up Cruising, and Dan Savage breaks bread. Today’s AggreGAYtor is letting them eat cake.
• Tampa bathhouse is hoping to bring GOP delegates to the poles with free admission.
• New York Magazine discovers existence of agender people.
• In one of the most confusing missives from the culture wars, UK’s Society for the Protection of Unborn Children warns that gay marriage leads to abortions.
• NOM’s Brian Brown and Dan Savage debate gay marriage in the most awkward dinner party since The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie. While I appreciate the sentiment, nothing quite makes me bristle like the suggestion that our lives are up for debate.
• Avril Lavigne has dated a seven layer dip of middling male recording artists and reality also-rans, but it took the love of Chad Kroeger to quell the lesbian rumors. Although the AggreGAYtor must remind some media outlets that sexuality is not binary, he would like to think that no LGBTQ person would associate themselves with Nickleback.
• Singapore’s high court considers constitutionality of gay sex laws.
• Ohio judge extends Title VII protections to sexual orientation.
• Scammers target Indian LGBTQ community through dating site.
• Cincinnati citizen becomes 9th reported gender-nonconforming murder victim this year.
• Atlanta Police settle HIV discrimination case.
• Mexico high court rules that same-sex marriages performed in Mexico City must be recognized nationwide.
• Oh Kathy Griffin. You don't have to work so hard for the LGBTQ community to like you.
• Here’s a new one: The Alliance for Freedom likens LGBTQ activism with racism.
• Moderate Democrat group Third Way offers primer for candidates on how to frame marriage equality positions. God forbid any politician saying that it is just the right thing to do.
• Zimbabwe LGBTQ activists are still being harassed after recent raid.
• Arizona congressional race heats up amid charges of homophobic campaigning.
• Fox News coffee klatch says some seriously effed-up shit about asexuality.
• Appeals court upholds Texas' right to be a he-man woman hater.
• The AggreGAYtor wishes to express his admiration for everyone in this great state working for progressive causes. It takes a ton of perseverance to keep up the fight in a state that keeps electing officials like Judge Tom Head.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Kathy Griffin, James Franco, Dan Savage, New York Magazine, Nielson Ratings, Diversity, Ryan Murphy, Glee, Brian Brown, National Organization for Marriage, GOProud, Tammy Baldwin, 2012 Election, Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger, Transgender, Homophobia, HIV/AIDS, Alliance for Freedom