The AggreGAYtor: August 22
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:45PM, Wed. Aug. 22, 2012
Mitt Romney gets hungry on the road, Kirk Cameron has some opinions, and Aziz gets a new modeling gig. Today’s AggreGAYtor makes me feel mighty real.
• Faith in humanity: Roanoke businesses give gay Radford University student major upgrade after repeated car vandalism.
• Mittens buys a truckload of Chick-fil-A for campaign staffers.
• Expired milk carton Kirk Cameron implores nation to not waste another minute on cryin' over Todd Akin.
• The adult in me questions an endorsement from a bastion of heteronormativity, but the kid in me is still tickled that Hugh Hefner supports gay rights.
• Diana Nyad is forced to cut her Florida to Cuba swim short, remains a badass.
• Adorable 8-year old writes letter to people of Minnesota questioning why his moms can’t get married.
• Meanwhile, a Minnesotan state candidate is caught in a truck stop imbroglio.
• Ayn Rand’s burn book, the GOP party platform, calls for severe restrictions for LGBTQ service members.
• West Hollywood decides to keep rainbow cross walks.
• Fort Worth mourns death of LGBTQ activist Thomas Anable.