The AggreGAYtor: August 16
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:20AM, Thu. Aug. 16, 2012
Ezra Miller comes out as queer, Spongebob Squarepants becomes an activist, and Paul Ryan has nothing to say. Today’s AggreGAYtor does not believe that silence is a virtue.
• Community center volunteer shoots security guard at Family Research Council HQ. Although the FRC is one of the most virulent anti-LGBTQ groups in America, the AggreGAYtor joins in condemning the violence.
• Radical queer activist Spongebob Squarepants runs afoul of Ukrainian morality police.
• Chicago police are investigating murder of gender-variant youth.
• Doe-eyed Ayn Rand fanboy Paul Ryan does not want to clarify his position on ENDA.
• Catholic school athletic director is victim of anti-gay vandalism.
• Good and bad news in Florida. David Richardson becomes first openly gay legislator in the Sunshine State. Sadly, Jacksonville gives the thumbs-up to LGBTQ discrimination, even as homophobia gets worse.
• 50 Cent reveals his mother was a lesbian.
• DC Police accused of anti-lesbian discrimination.
• California lawmaker lobbies to name Navy ship after Harvey Milk.
• A quarter of respondents identify as bisexual in surprising Caribbean survey.
• Refreshingly, “Perks of being a Wallflower” star Ezra Miller comes out as queer.
• Athletic supply giant REI becomes latest company to support marriage equality.
• Perhaps they listened to this NPR piece about the mainstreaming of queer consumerism.
• Austin radio project People Will Radio has a big ole rainbow bonanza of LGBTQ programming. The AggreGAYtor thinks that the Notes from a Queer Black Feminist, the Xanadu Zombie Show, and Bearadise Garage shows are particularly fierce!
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Tegan and Sara, Dan Savage, Paul Ryan, family Research Council, Bryan Fischer, Hate Crimes, Marriage Equality, REI, Ezra Miller, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Spongebob Squarepants, 50 Cent, People Will Radio