The AggreGAYtor: August 15
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:10PM, Wed. Aug. 15, 2012
Victoria Jackson revives her stand-up act, Derek Hough closely holds his tiny dancer, and Gaga dabbles in the occult. When there’s no more room in Hell, today’s AggreGAYtor will walk the Earth.
• New lesbian super PAC backs Tammy Baldwin for Senate.
• Meanwhile, gay candidate Mark Pocan is set to take Baldwin's old congressional seat.
• Saudi Arabian killjoys object to “.gay,” and “.vodka” URLs. ".booooooo"
• Heavily spackled cotton swab Victoria Jackson thinks of the children.
• Dancing with the Stars lothario Derek Hough freaks out when a fan documents his visit to a gay bar. Maybe he was just afraid of blinding people when the flash reflected off his shiny, tight, silver pants.
• The National Gay & Lesbian Task Force is the latest Gay Inc. institution to make a questionable alliance.
• Boy Scouts camp disputes claims that they fired employee for being gay, citing insubordination. You know, like refusing to be straight.
• Colorado Springs police falsely arrest gay man.
• Jury finds Mennonite preacher guilty of kidnapping in ex-gay case.
• Cheers to Indianapolis for deciding to offer same-sex benefits to employees.
• The wascally hucksters of the ex-gay movement pretend there is a such a thing as "ex-gay bashing."
• NBC just isn’t comfortable talking about Matthew Mitcham.
• Junk Jeans are like a push-up bra for twigs and berries.
• The new woman-run Austin Haunted Organics Co-Op will bring together healers, massage therapists, doulas, and a whole lot of great energy.
• Word on the street is that Elysium has something big cooked up for August 25 with drag legend Sherry Vine and a reunion of Small Stars (featuring former GP'er Nakia.) The AggreGAYtor will keep you updated as he overhears more details.