The AggreGAYtor: August 15
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:10PM, Wed. Aug. 15, 2012
Victoria Jackson revives her stand-up act, Derek Hough closely holds his tiny dancer, and Gaga dabbles in the occult. When there’s no more room in Hell, today’s AggreGAYtor will walk the Earth.
• New lesbian super PAC backs Tammy Baldwin for Senate.
• Meanwhile, gay candidate Mark Pocan is set to take Baldwin's old congressional seat.
• The culture wars heat up in Africa. Police chillingly round up LBGTQ activists in Zimbabwe. Hackativists Anonymous punish Ugandan government for anti-gay crimes.
• Saudi Arabian killjoys object to “.gay,” and “.vodka” URLs. ".booooooo"
• Heavily spackled cotton swab Victoria Jackson thinks of the children.
• Dancing with the Stars lothario Derek Hough freaks out when a fan documents his visit to a gay bar. Maybe he was just afraid of blinding people when the flash reflected off his shiny, tight, silver pants.
• The National Gay & Lesbian Task Force is the latest Gay Inc. institution to make a questionable alliance.
• There is no Gaga, there is only Zuul! Wingnut speaks out against "demonic" pop star.
• Boy Scouts camp disputes claims that they fired employee for being gay, citing insubordination. You know, like refusing to be straight.
• Colorado Springs police falsely arrest gay man.
• Jury finds Mennonite preacher guilty of kidnapping in ex-gay case.
• Cheers to Indianapolis for deciding to offer same-sex benefits to employees.
• The wascally hucksters of the ex-gay movement pretend there is a such a thing as "ex-gay bashing."
• NBC just isn’t comfortable talking about Matthew Mitcham.
• Junk Jeans are like a push-up bra for twigs and berries.
• LGBTQ blog lets the Austin American Statesman have it on coverage of gay parenting study. The AggreGAYtor has always preferred other news sources.
• The new woman-run Austin Haunted Organics Co-Op will bring together healers, massage therapists, doulas, and a whole lot of great energy.
• Word on the street is that Elysium has something big cooked up for August 25 with drag legend Sherry Vine and a reunion of Small Stars (featuring former GP'er Nakia.) The AggreGAYtor will keep you updated as he overhears more details.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Lady Gaga, Derek Hough, Victoria Jackson, Austin American Statesman, Tammy Baldwin, Matthew Mitcham