The AggreGAYtor: August 14
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
1:44PM, Tue. Aug. 14, 2012
Rachel Maddow shames Drudge Report readers, Sophia Bush makes the haters eat it, and Andrea Peyser invents some gay friends. Today’s AggreGAYtor knows that with great power comes great responsibility.
• Michael Musto's thought balloon considers the Sapphic leanings of Catwoman.
• Pant-suited super hero Rachel Maddow defeats the gelatinous hordes of the Drudge Report.
• Sacramento police look into apparent railway hate crime.
• Samurai sword–wielding assailant charged for assault of bisexual man.
• Distressing damsel Bristol Palin has the vapors over media coverage of her homophobia.
• Bristol may want to read this story to see what real discrimination looks like.
• Actress Sophia Bush throws some major shade to equality foes.
• Morded’s anti-gay army attacks author for imagining a bi Sir Lancelot.
• Soft-shelled crab and New York Post hate-ologist Andrea Peyser is deeply concerned about representations of gay men on television.
• Transgender man's marriage questioned in Arizona divorce case.
• This video of Russian activists being defiantly queer in the face of oppression warms the AggreGAYtor's heart.
• Long before Cosmopolitan Magazine became the sweaty, steamy repository of all ways to please a man, it revolutionized the way a generation of women thought about sex. It was also where the AggreGAYtor first caught a glimpse of a particular private part. Hat's off to Helen Gurley Brown, the women who helped me realize I was queer.
• El Paso joins Travis County in offering benefits to same-sex couples.
• AGLIFF and AIDS Services of Austin announce the line-up for the Big Love 25th year anniversary mini-film fest - including the Austin premier of Vito and AggreGAYtor fave Paris is Burning.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Pussy Riot, Jon Gnarr, Sophia Bush, Hate Crime, Marriage Equality, Michael Musto, Andrea Peyser, Allies, El Paso, AGLIFF, AIDS Services of Austin, Bristol Palin, Rachel Maddow, Comix, The Dark Knight Rises, Catwoman, Myley Cyrus, Drudge Report