The AggreGAYtor: August 10
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:45AM, Fri. Aug. 10, 2012
The Olympics get steamy, Rob Halford champs at the bit, and the Big Wheel keeps on turning. Today’s AggreGAYtor really, really, really wants to zigazig ahh.
• It's official: marriage equality language is in Democratic Party platform.
• Meanwhile, a lesbian servicewoman is not granted the same respect.
• California moves closer to banning conversion therapy.
• Best notify their next of kin; Facebook explodes as Seattle's Great Wheel operator is accused of homophobia.
• Lebanese doctors outlaw anal exam to check for homosexuality.
• Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford is just tickled pink about the Chick-fil-A fracas.
• Some participants of New Hampshire Pride are less amused. Chick-fil-A sponsorship causes rift in LGBTQ community.
• New law restricts Westboro Church style protests as military funerals.
• Reese Witherspoon goes after Doris Day’s legacy in reviving the beard genre.
• The Williams Institute is concerned that voter ID laws will disenfranchise gender diverse communities.
• The AggreGAYtor is not ashamed to say he went verklempt while watching Pinoe (that's Megan Rapinoe for the uninitiated) win the gold in women's soccer.
• A gold medal might make a nice wedding present for Olympic basketball star Seimone Augustus.
• Ukelele-playing Olympian Matthew Mitcham promises to dive naked if he takes home the gold.
• Water is the essence of wetness: Jezebel has a stroke-by-stroke round-up of the Olympic swimming gay fan-fic.
• We got Em in the place who likes it in your face. The Spice Girls reunite to bid farewell to the Queerlympics.
• Sign of the times: Utah detour hacked to display homophobic message.
• A gay man's letter to his Romney-supporting dad becomes Reddit sensation.
• Germany moves closer to LGBTQ equality.
• Missisippi museum decides to stop living in the past and repeals anti-gay marriage policy.
• California assemblywoman gets a queer language lesson.
• Literary spittoon Bret Easton Ellis runs into trouble in West Hollywood.
• Conservative magazine gets sneaky with Chick-fil-A poll.
• I'm not calling anyone copy cats, but Austin had the Chick-for-gays concept first.
• Investigative "reporter" roams Austin looking for gay food.
• Today is the last day to get your nominations in for Austin Pride’s Grand Marshall.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Megan Rapinoe, Homophobia, GOProud, Log Cabin Republicans, Koch Brothers, Rob Halford, Matthew Mitcham, Conversion Therapy, Chick-fil-A, DOMA, Westboro Church, Reese Witherspoon, Seimone Augustus, Austin Pride