The AggreGAYtor: August 7
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:44AM, Tue. Aug. 7, 2012
Drag Race All-Stars revs up, Tig Notaro shares some bad news, and the HRC breaks out the checkbook. Today’s AggreGAYtor is the root of all evil.
• This is why we fight: Gay man is banned from hospital after kissing partner.
• The Department of Health and Human Services rules that the Affordable Care Act covers transgender Americans.
• Na-na na-na boo-boo. California Prop 8 supporters face almost $50K in fines for breaking campaign laws.
• Start your engines: The cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars is revealed.
• Big pimpin', spendin' G's: The Human Rights Campaign rolls out $1 million to support marriage equality initiatives.
• Sore losers ask New York’s high court to reverse decision on state’s marriage equality law.
• Lesbian comedian (and once Austinite) Tig Notaro, of Sarah Silverman Show fame, announces she has breast cancer in legendary comedy set.
• The trial of the Mennonite minister who helped kidnap an “ex-lesbian’s” daughter begins this week. Law and Order is looking to cast Anne Heche in the starring role.
• Holy crap! The National Organization for Marriage defends polygamy and bigamy.
• Pennsylvania school is forced to admit HIV-positive student.
• Montana man is attacked after asking where he can find a gay bar.
• Even the angels wept as Megan Rapinoe stomped Canada in the Olympic semi-finals.
• The Chick-4-Gays event, reported in the Chikin Chronikles, has been cancelled due to legal concerns. Head foodie Eric Russell is cooking something up with Rain. More details to follow.
BONUS BUFFOONERY: If you are down by seeing the swarming masses that showed up for Mike Huckabee's Hate-a-palooza, just remember one thing. This man is one of them.