The AggreGAYtor: August 7
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
11:44AM, Tue. Aug. 7, 2012
Drag Race All-Stars revs up, Tig Notaro shares some bad news, and the HRC breaks out the checkbook. Today’s AggreGAYtor is the root of all evil.
• This is why we fight: Gay man is banned from hospital after kissing partner.
• The Department of Health and Human Services rules that the Affordable Care Act covers transgender Americans.
• Na-na na-na boo-boo. California Prop 8 supporters face almost $50K in fines for breaking campaign laws.
• Start your engines: The cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars is revealed.
• Big pimpin', spendin' G's: The Human Rights Campaign rolls out $1 million to support marriage equality initiatives.
• The children involved in a beating of a Missouri lesbian, as reported in last Wednesday's AggreGAytor, have been charged with assault.
• Sore losers ask New York’s high court to reverse decision on state’s marriage equality law.
• Lesbian comedian (and once Austinite) Tig Notaro, of Sarah Silverman Show fame, announces she has breast cancer in legendary comedy set.
• The trial of the Mennonite minister who helped kidnap an “ex-lesbian’s” daughter begins this week. Law and Order is looking to cast Anne Heche in the starring role.
• Holy crap! The National Organization for Marriage defends polygamy and bigamy.
• Pennsylvania school is forced to admit HIV-positive student.
• Montana man is attacked after asking where he can find a gay bar.
• Even the angels wept as Megan Rapinoe stomped Canada in the Olympic semi-finals.
• The Chick-4-Gays event, reported in the Chikin Chronikles, has been cancelled due to legal concerns. Head foodie Eric Russell is cooking something up with Rain. More details to follow.
BONUS BUFFOONERY: If you are down by seeing the swarming masses that showed up for Mike Huckabee's Hate-a-palooza, just remember one thing. This man is one of them.
A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Tig Notaro, Marriage Equality, Megan Rapinoe, 2012 Olympics, Chick-fil-A, National Organization got Marriage, Human Rights Campaign, AIDS, RuPaul's Drag Race, Proposition 8