The AggreGAYtor: August 2
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson,
12:58PM, Thu. Aug. 2, 2012
Jim DeMint throws a conniption, Janet Mefferd exposes herself to ESPN, and Beenie Man asks for a retake. Today’s AggreGAYtor is too hot for television.
• Gnarled taxidermy specimen Jim DeMint knots his knickers over an ad exposing his anti-LGBTQ record.
• First Alaska, now Illinois: Surgery is no longer a requirement for changing sex on documentation.
• House Dems ask Homeland Security to consider all families in deportation decisions.
• Sock-puppet Reverend Bill Owens relates President Obama’s support of same-sex marriage to condoning pedophilia. It looks like NOM is going forward with their cynical plot to sew discord between African American and LGBTQ communities.
• New study ties domestic violence to condom use in gay and bisexual men.
• Here’s why those Olympic rings are rainbow: Out cyclist Kristin Armstrong wins time trial gold. Meanwhile, Lisa Raymond advances in doubles tennis action and Seimone Augustus and the US women’s basketball team dominate Turkey.
• Since Megan Rapinoe has not done anything particularly newsworthy today, here’s a photo of her looking really happy. I’m sure she’s just taking a breather to solve the global financial crisis.
• The good sports in the Vancouver Canucks will march in Vancouver Pride.
• Queer environmental activist is the victim of a police beating in West Virginia.
• Amtrak debuts new “Ride with Pride” campaign.
• Ellis County Police are asking for help in identifying murder victim with possible ties to LGBTQ community.
Stay tuned for a very special edition of The AggreGAYtor: The Chikin Chronikles, appearing tomorrow.
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Chick-fil-A, Megan Rapinoe, Jim DeMint, Democrats, Homeland Security, Immigration, Deportation, Bill Owens, Marriage Equality, HIV, AIDS, Domestic Violence, 2012 Olympics, Kristin Armstrong, Lisa Raymond, Seimone Augustus, Janet Mefferd, Vancouver Canucks, Pride