Julie's Top Five x Two (= 10)
A list of some good and bad things to make the news
By Julie Gillis,
4:55PM, Thu. Jan. 6, 2011
Happy New Year! I've got a list of my Top Five Great and my Top Five Not-so-great events of 2010. If my math is correct, that's 10. Isn't it?
1) Queerbomb Amazing, beautiful, dirty, sexy Need I say more? Can't wait to see what 2011 brings.
2) Bedpost Confessions What could bring more joy than artists reading works about sexual literacy, sexual rights, and plain old sex?
3) DADT was finally, finally repealed!
4) Barney Frank PNWING that reporter about DADT.
5) It Gets Better Campaign Because it does get better. And it can get better more quickly if we all make it get better.
6) Losing so many beautiful youth to suicides due to bullying, anti gay sentiment, and systems in schools designed to protect bullies rather than the bullied. Let's get this changed this year.
7) Constance McMillen not getting a proper prom.
8) RIP Teena Marie
9) A California DMV employee sends inappropriate religious message to a person who was legally changing their sex on their license at the DMV. Creeeeepy.
10) A man kills a baby boy for being too "feminine" That's just damn evil.
That did add up to 10, I feel sure of it.
But I'm already looking forward to one great event supporting the community in 2011 and that's lucky number 11, the Atticus Circle Awards Luncheon on January 27. Please come and support this great non-profit.