XBRMNT's Top 10 for the Week of Dec. 8
In-stores and icons. XBRMNT's Top 10.
4:14PM, Wed. Dec. 8, 2010
It won't be long until the Christmas spirit overcomes us and all we can hear are silver bells, but for the time being, Xmas only makes a brief appearance in this week's Top 10.
1. "Charmed Life" Boomtown Rats One of the lesser-known singles from the band's fifth album, V Deep, produced by Tony Visconti. Their big hit is obviously Manic Monday-friendly. Here's what the Queen herself said about working with Visconti.
2. "I've Got No Use for the Women" Marty Robbins An old cowboy tune that's quite the serious song. Take a listen.
3. "Bimbo" Jimbo Reeves This Bimbo kid has got it made!
4. "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" Mac Davis Seventies sexy Mac Davis and Dolly Parton? All day long!
5. "Sex Machine, Side 1" James Brown Sometimes you just need to drop the needle and let the Godfather do his thang. Here's a classic clip of him encouraging Michael Jackson and Prince to do theirs at a New Year's Eve show in 1983.
6. "Kentucky Rain" Elvis Presley From the Godfather to the King. This hit featured a then-unknown pianist named Ronnie Milsap and was written by Eddie Rabbit.
7. "Grinder" Judas Priest Cruising? Yep, there's an app for that. Hard to imagine it's been over 10 years since Rob Halford came out of the closet on MTV.
8. "When Whoever's in New England" Reba McEntire The lady in red makes a stop at Frank Erwin Center on January 14 with fellow country icon, George Straight. This might be one of the best Country music videos ever.
9. "Don't Bury Me, I'm Still Not Dead" The Riverboat Gamblers I've seen a lot of in-stores, but this one by the Gamblers at Waterloo Records a few years back, was one of the most memorable.
10. "Weightlifting" Trashcan Sinatras Sometimes you want to feel completely weightless Drifting. That's how this song makes me feel. Here's a live version of the track. Also an in-store performance.