Big Beards, Big Booties, Big Fun
Yes, my weekend actually was filled with fun and lots of it.
4:40AM, Tue. Nov. 9, 2010
Austin fun purveyors, Transmission Entertainment, seem to have hit their stride with this year's Fun Fun Fun Fest. I was convinced that my paper-thin, media wristband, was going to melt off or tear, but it made it through the weekend just fine. Here are a few other notes in random order in case anyone is listening/cares:
* Weird Al has more costume changes than Cher. Indeed, the Weird one gave us a bit of Jim Morrison, Devo, Kurt Cobain. Even the famous "fat" suit made an appearance.
* Big Freedia and her crew came to kick ass and take names.
* ASS EVERYWHERE!!
* Kebabalicious needs to bring a bigger truck next year.
* Gwar doesn't like Sarah Palin or puppies apparently. They "disemboweled" fakes of both on Saturday night.
* Nobody rides for free. Will cheaper do? Margaritas: 2 for $5 in media area. Also an above average "Manny Martini" (aka manicures and martinis) from the ladies of Beauty Bar.
* My pal, Hanky. Such a useful accessory in a dust bowl like FFF3 and who could forget hanky code fun?
* The guys at the Austin Facial Hair Club booth were awful friendly. With it being "No-Shave November" and National Beard Month these guys had plenty to share.
* Speaking of beards. WOOF!! FFF3's bear advisory levels were off the chart this past weekend.
* ASS EVERYWHERE!!
* Dandy gives whole new meaning to term, "drug mule."
* Doubletake: Yes that's a giant computer console on the Blue stage. Apparently that's how Nortec Collective Presents Bostich + Fussible roll.
* Passing out fliers to The Gay Place party for Strange Powers allowed me to meet lots of great folks.
Which reminds me that my fun at Waterloo Park was cut short on Sunday. Just after a solid set from Deerhunter, I headed over to Cheer Up Charlie's for the aforementioned Magnetic Fields movie party where I happened on a band with a lot of talent and charisma, Charlie Belle. The party was a good time, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again soon!
For kicks, I've decided to see just how long this wristband will last, how much abuse can it take before ripping to shreds. I'll let you know after next year's Fun Fun Fun Fest.