XBRMNT's Top 10 for the Week of Oct. 18
New blogger Nakia gets Chain Drive's Manic Monday DJ XBRMNT's Top 10.
4:35PM, Tue. Oct. 19, 2010
Editor's Note: Here's another music list to chew on on your 'Mo Music Tuesday. Welcome new blogger, Nakia! – kxm
Oh sure, you might have known that The Chain Drive is Austin's only leather n' bear bar, or that they have a big fat patio out back that gives you an amazing view (of the city skyline! Get your mind out of the gutter!)
or even that they recently put on a full-on art show complete with paintings and dancers and one very drunk unicorn. What you might not know is that for the past few months, the Chain Drive has been hosting Manic Mondays – a service industry night featuring the cheapest dranks in Austin coupled with a very healthy dose of fun and unusual music. That music is coming from one of Austin's newest DJs, XBRMNT (pronounced ex-BEAR-i-ment), and he plays some rather unique jams mixed with some of your favorite timeless country classics with a side of soul, gospel, and classic rock. The drinks are pouring all night, but the music starts at 10pm.
XBRMNT's Top Ten
1. "The Games That Daddies Play" Conway Twitty I think we all know what games daddies are playing at Chain Drive. If you don't, come out
we'll show you.
2. "Let Me Roll It" Paul McCartney & Wings See you on the patio.
3. "I Could Have Been a Sailor" Peter Allen Never settle, folks.
4. "Disney Girls" The Beach Boys This song is sweeter than Dandy's "candy."
5. "Somebody's Knockin'" Terri Gibbs Blind Country singer courtin' the devil? Yes, please!
6. "Lord, Paint My Mind" Tammy Faye Bakker Apparently the "Lord" paints with the "blood of Calvary." You say art, I say, "Oh Geezus!"
7. "Just Like Heaven" Kat Edmonson Austin's favorite ingenue puts a beautiful spin on this classic by The Cure.
8. "Don't Cheat in Our Hometown" Ricky Skaggs Seriously Hasn't country music ever heard of open relationships?
9. "Just My Imagination" The Temptations Everyone needs to let their imagination run away for a while, right?
10. "Make Your Own Kind of Music" Cass Elliot Even when nobody else sings along! Or shows up We're still playing music and having a good time!