Glitoris' Top 10 Songs for the Week of October 11
Gorillaz and N.E.R.D. populate this week's Glit List
By The Glitoris,
10:55AM, Tue. Oct. 12, 2010
This past week, the Gorillaz released a new track they recorded three weeks ago entitled, "Doncamatic," with UK artist Daley. Usually, artists take several months to record and master a track before releasing it, but the Gorillaz (coming to Austin October 22) were so excited about the new track they made it immediately available to the public.
Coincidently, the Gorillaz' opening act in Austin are N.E.R.D. (short for No one Ever Really Dies) the Pharrell-led band, also released their new single "Hypnotize U," a track produced by electronic duo, Daft Punk. N.E.R.D.'s fourth studio album, entitled, Nothing, has a November 2 release date. Both acts play the Frank Erwin Center, October 22, 2010.
OilCan Harry's is also hosting NYC up-and-coming artist, Cazwell that same night for a DJ set at 10:30pm and a live performance at midnight.
Two newest artists on the chart this week include Fenech-Soler (UK) and Bag Raiders (Ozztrailia), who both released albums in the first week of October. Check out some of the most recent postings on theGlitoris.com for download links for some of these traxxx.
Keep up with theGlitoris as she filters through some of the online trash and places the Top 10 songs of the week via the Gay Place.
TheGlitoris Top 10 Songs for the Week of October 11
- 1. "When I Grow Up" First Aid Kit Fever Ray cover.
- 2. "Doncamatic (All Played Out)" The Gorillaz featuring Daley
- 3. "Contender" Fenech-Soler
- 4. "Jacket and Shoes" Casa del Mitro
- 5. "Snake Bite" Jee Day
- 6. "The Friendly Sound" Lamaitre
- 7. "Hypnotize U" N.E.R.D. The NEW glass candy.
- 8. "Way Back Home (original version)" Bag Raiders
- 9. "Golden Sun" Fenech-Soler
- 10. "Stop & Go" Greatest Hits