My Top Ten Gayest Events and People of 2008
What made my (Ash Bell's) gay life tick in 2008
By Ash Bell,
10:30AM, Wed. Dec. 31, 2008
What makes my gay life tick? Britney to Prop 8 to Drageoke and back here are my Top Homo-Happenings of 2008:
10. So, call me a celeb gossip whore, but nothing kept me more twistedly interested than the Lindsay Lohan/Samantha Ronson are they, aren't they, which quickly turned into, oh my goodness! They are!
9. In local news, one of the most fun times I have had all year was at the November edition of Kings N Things Drageoke at the Rusty Spur (note of full disclosure: I am a member of Kings N Things)
8. Rachel Maddow. I am crushing so hard. I would totally drop my bag of tricks and turn into Jell-O around her. I just know it.
7. Lesbian Bowling, granted I am closely affiliated with Ms. Kitty herself, but Bowling for Lesbians at Dart Bowl was a dorky fun time.
6. The Prop 8 Rally at City Hall. This was my first big City Hall rally. Seeing so many people crowded there was overwhelming, and the speakers really rocked my socks.
5. Britney Spears, from tragedy to victory, she is definitely my gay icon of the year.
4. Tila Tequila. Did I mention my love of train-wreckie goodness?
3. Isis King, the first trans contestant on America's Next Top Model. The way this woman handled herself in the face of what can only be described as down right bigotry is beyond commendable.
2. Ellen and Portia. I am so freakin' happy for these two, and don't even get me started on that Zac Posen wedding dress!
1. The Austin Human Rights Campaign Gala Dinner, I am very biased, but apart from getting to hear Ruthie Foster live for the first time, it was also my first date with my boo. It was quite a magical night all the way aro